It would appear that I’ve been wildly popular this week.
What’s up, peeps, and welcome back to another Thurs—uh, Friday with the Elf herself! (Yesterday I was so tired, I completely forgot to post my thing… In the words of Han Solo, “It’s not my fault!”) I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award Thingy (what does that even mean?) by Julia from Julia’s Creative Corner, which I am very glad about, mainly because I have absolutely no ideas for this week. Julia, thanks for helping a failed blogger out.
The rules are as follows:
1. Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you. Which I just did.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you. Why 11?
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself. Again, why 11?
4. Nominate 11 blogs. WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL WITH THE NUMBER 11??
5. Notify those blogs of their nomination. What if I don’t want to?
6. Give them 11 questions to answer. Does 10.5 work?
I would like to know who decided everything should come in sets of 11, so I can personally knock their hat off.
1. What is your favorite season?
Anything that isn’t Winter.
2. Do you think it’s even possible to choose one favorite book or book series?
The short answer is no. The long answer is…
That sort of question should be illegal.
3. What kind[s]s of music do you like listening to?
THIS kind of music.
(In case anyone’s interested—which is highly unlikely—that’s my character cup-cake Lotch’s Official Theme Song.)
4. If you could have a fantasy/mythical creature as a pet, which one would you choose?
Well gee. This is basically asking me to choose between a dragon…
Or a gryphon.
And seeing as those are both impossible to choose between and incredibly overused (though not overrated), I’m going to go with a typically forgotten creature of mythology:
That, my friends, is a hydra, and no, I’m not mentioning it because I’m way past the Nerd Point of no return. Every time you chop one of their heads off, two more take it’s place. HOW IS THAT NOT COOL? It’s like you’ve got your own indestructible creature of mass destruction.
(By the way, if anyone DARES mention this…
…in the comments, I’ll… do something. Be ye warned.)
5. Do you like spicy food?
6. Why do you love blogging?
Mainly because my followers say nice things about me.
Okay, okay, that’s not the real reason. For me, the best part about blogging is, well, you guys. My readers. There’s nothing that makes me so happy as when people tell me that my blog made them laugh, or that my writing inspired them, or that this is just a cool place in general. I’ll always love what I do just because it’s what I do, but when it can also bring some joy to other people’s lives? That’s… that’s cool. That’s the kind of thing that every writer aspires to do. PLUS, my followers are the neatest, most supportive people ever, so it’s nice connecting with them and throwing glitter and having fun, in general. I love you guys to death.
Okay, that got sappy. Moving on.
7. Have you ever gotten a serious injury? If so, what was it?
Um… when I was twelve, I fell off a huge hay-bale while my foot was stuck at the top, and sort of dangled upside down for a few minutes. (There’s your bizarre mental image of the day.) My knee basically got yanked out of its socket, and every time I would cross my legs or sit on my knees for at least two years, it would have a miniature reenactment of that event. That was four years ago, and even now, it still occasionally pops out of joint, and for 2.7 minutes, I think I’m going to die.
Oh, and once, when I was seven, my scooter flipped over a rock and smashed my face into the pavement. (Which I still have the scar from, by the way. It’s like a little everlasting memento of previous stupidity.)
Aaaaand when I was, like, four or something, I ate a piece of chocolate that had hazelnuts in it and promptly stopped breathing. (Allergies, you know. Don’t give me nuts.) The paramedics had to come and everything. It was very traumatizing.
Keep benadryl in your purses, moms. It could save a life.
So now that you know my entire medical history, we can move on.
8. Can you sing many songs by heart?
ARE YOU, ARE YOU, COMING TO THE TREEEEEEEEEE????
Yeah, that’s about it.
9. Do you have a favorite plant? If so, what?
Does this surprise anyone?
10. What was the best day of your life (so far)?
The day I was finally able to correctly name all Thirteen Dwarves in less than four hours.
It was a good day.
11. Open up the nearest book (that isn’t a school book) to page 58. What is the 27th sentence?
What if I want it to be a school book?
“I don’t know. I thought maybe you were going to slap me.”
Man. That couldn’t be more perfect if I’d staged it. Mysterious Benedict Society, y’all, and if that sentence right there doesn’t make you want to read it, my stern glare will. *glares sternly*
Hokay, that’s done. Now for 11 random factoids about myself.
1) I am Galadriel.
2) Once, when my sister was staying with friends in Canada for several months, I wrote her a huge, insanely snarky email chronicling my adventures without her. But only after I hit send did I realize that I’d put in the wrong email address in and sent it to a completely and utterly random person.
I probably should have been embarrassed, but I like to think I made a new fan that day.
3) Sometimes during conversations, I have a tendency to accidentally use the wrong word, but pretend like it was the right one so I don’t have to correct myself. Because I’m an arrogant idiot who doesn’t understand her own language.
4) CHOCOLATE. That’s not a fact, I just felt the need to say it.
5) For the first six years of my life, I wanted everyone to call me Sareek.
Don’t even ask.
6) I have the ability to do this thing called Lucid Dreaming, which basically means my dreams are fully cognizant video games where I run around on rooftops, escaping the Romans while being Bucky Barnes’ partner in crime. It’s pretty cool, if I do say so myself.
Except the time I got burned at the stake.
7) Once, my art teacher recommended me to someone as a portrait painter, and I came SO close to getting a paid commission—until they found out I was sixteen. (Which my art teacher failed to mention, because she’s sneaky.) They dumped me. And I felt blatantly discriminated.
8) I cannot be emotionally manipulated. People have tried. People have failed. I have a heart of stone.
9) I rarely wear matching socks. This has nothing to do with fashion sense. But finding two socks that are both sort of close on the color chart is incredibly exhausting, and I’m a very lazy person.
10) I once accidentally made banana muffins without the banana. It was not a good day.
10.5) I can’t think of another fact.
Well that felt long, and deeply personal. Let’s move on, shall we? Now I’m supposed to nominate 11 bloggers. I nominate…
I don’t know any other bloggers.
Especially not 11.
If you want to be nominated, nominate yourself. I don’t mind.
Goodbye now. For your information, Star Wars: The Last Jedi is amazing.